The Law of Attraction - Jay Northcote

The Law of Attraction - Jay Northcote

This is one of those stories that instantly drew me  in.  Alec and Ed hook up one night and then meet up again when Ed starts work at Alec's place of business.  We've heard that story before right?

But, this went  beyond that.  There was so much more there.  Alec is in the closet and there's a whole thing around that, and Ed has never really found a guy he's meshed with.  So, we are dealing with all of these emotions and they are trying to deal with them plus deal with working with each other.  And it was just done so incredibly well.

I loved the story from beginning to end.  I have two complaints though.  First has nothing to do with the story but the narrator did a horrible job with what was supposed to be a Spanish accent on a female co-worker.  It was entirely distracting.  The second is that the story was too short.  It ended just when they were beginning.  I would have liked to see beyond the initial HFN to see how things worked out long term.

Other than that though, this story was just so wonderful.  It made me feel all warm and fuzzy, and I loved that these two were able to get together.  Jay Northcote always has these characters that you just fall in love with.  She really knows how to get me right in the heart.  And this story was no exception.