Portrait in Death - J.D. Robb

Portrait in Death - J.D. Robb

What can I say about PORTRAIT IN DEATH other than the fact that I loved it. It was good for so many reasons. Yes, the mystery/crime part of it was good and it was great to see Eve in her element but it's the other stories that are drawing me into this series.

Roarke's revelation broke my heart. I really cried when he found out about his past and got to face that. I love how Eve was so selfless when it came to that. They are such a great couple. It was great to see Roarke vulnerable too. I hope that we get to go back to that storyline again in future books.

I was happy to see that Roarke finally wasn't the owner of the business that was the focus of the investigation.  LOL, that seems to happen in pretty much every book.  I guess even he has his limits.

And WTF, Office Truehart has the worst luck possible. I feel so bad for him. I hope he doesn't quit the force. The last couple of books have really been brutal for him.

As usual, I listened to this one. I don't think I could enjoy these books any other way. Susan Ericksen owns this series, no doubt about it.