Eleventh Grave in Moonlight - Darynda Jones

Eleventh Grave in Moonlight - Darynda Jones

ELEVENTH GRAVE IN THE MOONLIGHT is the latest addition to the Charley Davidson series and it's brought with it all of the things we've grown to love about Charley, Reyes in the gang, but also has given us just a bit more insight into the girl who is the Grim Reaper.

Charley's life is moving along swimmingly. If you don't count that fact that a hell god is after her, she ticked off Jehovah, her daughter has to be hidden for her safety, and she's a goddess with powers that she's having trouble controlling. But, when the son of the people who kidnapped her husband shows up wanted her to investigate his so-called "parents", things start get interesting.

ELEVENTH GRAVE IN THE MOONLIGHT kept up that more serious tone that I noticed in the last book. That is not to say that there isn't any silliness in the book. If there wasn't, I don't think she'd be Charley anymore. But, I think that she's being more mindful of her powers and the world beyond just her. Becoming a mom changed her and made her stronger because her ultimate goal is keeping her daughter safe.

Now, I thought this book was excellent overall. It had a great plot and we got to learn some pretty important details of what Charley is and what more she can do. But, I thought that some of the sex scenes were unnecessary. Yes, I said that. Just a few. They just weren't integral to the story and could have been handled another way.

Honestly though, it's my only complaint of the whole book. ELEVENTH GRAVE IN THE MOONLIGHT was fast paced, exciting, and fun. The ending was fantastic and has me super excited for the next book. For those who don't know, this is the eleventh book in the Charley Davidson series. If you haven't read the series yet, this is not the book to start with. Start at the beginning and work your way up. You won't regret it. I think it's amazing that we are eleven books in and I'm still excited for the series. That is the sign of a fantastic author!!

*Advanced Reader's Copy provided by NetGalley and Publisher in exchange for an honest review*