The Viscount Who Loved Me - Julia Quinn

The Viscount Who Loved Me - Julia Quinn

I'm not a fan of historical romance, I'm just not.  I don't know why exactly but it's never really been my cup of tea.  But, there are a few authors who really make me question that edict, and Julia Quinn is one of them.

The VISCOUNT WHO LOVED ME is the second book in the Bridgerton series and we are back with all eight (yes, eight) Bridgerton siblings, but it's the eldest of the brood, Anthony who is the center of things this time.  It seems that he's determined that he's played around long enough and he needs to get married.  He just wants to make sure that he marries a woman that he likes but won't fall in love with.  Simple right?

He just didn't expect to meet Kate Sheffield, the older sister of the woman he set his sights on to marry.  Kate is the opposite of want he wants. She drives him mad...mad with lust.  But, it seems as though fate has other plans when it comes to these two.

I thought that this was adorable.  I loved both Anthony and Kate's characters.  They were perfectly suited for each other even if they refused to see it.  I also ached for them for their losses and those losses affected them.

I was glad to see that they got together, no matter the circumstances, but I just wanted to bop Anthony for being such a stubborn ass when it came to admitting his feelings for Kate.

But of course it all worked out in the end.  And the Bridgertons added someone else to their brood.  Now, I just have to see how long I can hold out before reading the next book.  I have to find out who will be the next one to fall.