Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race - Margot Lee Shetterly

Well, I actually do have words, but I am in such awe of this story.  This story that was completely unknown to me...a woman of science.  I am so inspired by this story, I want everyone young girl to know it.  Heck, I want every young BOY to know it too.

These women were so amazing.  I just can't even put my feelings into a coherent thought right now.  But, seriously.  The brilliance that shone through despite all the obstacles, just gives me all kinds of joy.

Ms. Johnson, Jackson, and Vaughan and so many others are really pioneered the way for women like me to have success in their fields and I didn't even freakin' know it.   And the strength of conviction that these women had.  To do the kind of work that they did, make the contributions that they did and still not even be able to use the bathrooms at their work...man, how frustrating that must have been.

But, it's stories like these that keep me trying to inspire my children to work hard and not just accept average.  Because these women fought hard to break down the barriers that we have taken for granted and it would be a great disservice to them to waste the opportunities that they made possible for us.