Silence Fallen - Patricia Briggs

Silence Fallen - Patricia Briggs

*4.5 STARS*

SILENCE FALLEN is the latest installment of the Mercy Thompson series and it's amazing. It's got an interesting perspective this time with shifting POV between Mercy and Adam and there's a whole lot of deception that's got to be uncovered. And while it was exciting, suspenseful, and intriguing, I felt like there was something missing in the Mercy that I'm used to.

SILENCE FALLEN starts off with a bang when Mercy is abducted by unknown vampires. The entire book consists of she and Adam trying to find their way back to each other, but this whole sinister vampire plot is uncovered along the way.

I really thought that the shifting perspectives from Mercy to Adam was neat but they were all done in the third person so it wasn't like we were we in his head or anything. It was just that since Mercy and Adam were apart for the majority of the book we had to go from one character to another in order to see everything that was going on.

It was certainly interesting to get a more in depth view of some of our recurring characters like Elizaveta and Marsilia as they have been a bit of mystery. I'm sure that there is lots more to uncover there.

My only issue with SILENCE FALLEN was that I felt like Mercy was so helpless for most of the story. That may have been the point, but I didn't like seeing her that way. She was either unconscious, chained up, or caged almost the whole story. I mean it's still pretty badass the way she was still able to best her foes even at the sever disadvantage, but she was very unsure of herself and came off weak. I know that it's possible for her to be strong all the time, but for some reason this just didn't sit well with me.

On the other hand though, I loved Adam and his hot alpha vengeance trying to find his injured mate. I loved the faith he had in Mercy even though he was scared out of his mind.

SILENCE FALLEN is the tenth book in the Mercy Thompson series. And I suppose it could be read as a standalone but why on earth would anyone do that at this point? Go back and read the whole series, it's wonderful and there is so much backstory that you'd miss if you started with this one.

Ultimately, I thought this book was excellent--almost perfect really. Patricia Briggs has really done an amazing job with this one. And I can't wait to see what's going to happen next in this series.

*Advanced Reader's Copy provided by NetGalley and Publisher in exchange for an honest review*