Pipe Dreams (A Brooklyn Bruisers Novel) - Sarina Bowen

Pipe Dreams (A Brooklyn Bruisers Novel) - Sarina Bowen

I'm such a sucker for second chance romance, but I have to admit, I was sure the way this was going to go. I should have known that I was in good hands with my girl, Sarina Bowen, because PIPE DREAMS was the stuff I get in a puddle of girl goo over.

Mike and Jessica have a past. They spent a wonderful year together, but while Jessica was planning for their future, Mike was heading back to his ex-wife and daughter. Their relationship needless to say didn't end on a positive note.

But now they are back in each other's presence. Jessica is having to work in the front office for the Brooklyn Bruisers, her basic nightmare come to life. She doesn't know how she's going to get through the playoffs having to see him again after spending the last two years avoiding anything dealing with hockey. Now that she's around him all the time and the sexual tension is running high. The past is still in their way though, not to mention Mike's teenage daughter who does not approve of Mike's blossoming relationship with Jessica.

I really enjoyed this one. I did, and it was just about perfect. I was so mad at Mike. He messed up big time with Jessica. And now, he's coming back two years later wanting to just pick up where he left off. I'm glad that Jessica made him work for him a bit. i didn't want it to be too easy. I felt for him. I know it couldn't have been easy to be a single father and widower. But, I wanted to strangle him for just not opening up to Jessica right from the start.

I loved how hot these two were together. Mike was yummy. Just scrumptious. The sexual tension was off the charts and when they finally did...wow. I just don't know how Jessica was able to hold off as long as she did. I don't think I would have been able to.

My only issue with PIPE DREAMS is that I wish we saw them being a couple a little longer before it went right into the HEA. We saw a lot of their past but they didn't build together in the present as much. I wanted to relish that more. I felt like that was missing. Other than that, this one was perfect!

PIPE DREAMS is the third book in the Brooklyn Bruisers series. It could easily be read as a standalone, but I think that if you start with this book, I guarantee that you will go back and read books one and two. I found this author when finding the Ivy Years series and I fell in love with the way she writes. I love the stories of the characters, and PIPE DREAMS was no different. I just can't wait to see who will be next to fall in the story.

*Advanced Reader's Copy provided by NetGalley and Publisher in exchange for an honest review*