Friday Afternoon - Sylvia Ryan
I have to admit that I when I was approached for an ARC of this book, I looked up the synopsis and I was instantly intrigued. The tagline on the cover: “BDSM never gets old”...oh yeah, that totally got me.

So, this is a story that is a bit unique in a way. It starts with a couple that’s already married. Levi and Mia have been married for 15 years, they have teen twin girls, and their love life has been stagnant. Mia remembers a time before kids and responsibilities when their sex live was explosive. Not so anymore. Everything kinds of comes to a head when one night, Levi can’t perform, and Mia is sure it’s because Levi is no longer attracted to her.

Determined to save the marriage she’s positive is crumbling, Mia brings up her concerns to Levi. Levi is surprised as he was thought that he was being sensitive to Mia’s needs by not pushing her, but now that he knows she too misses their previously hot sex, he devises a plan to reconnect with her in that way. So, they start meeting on Friday afternoons in order to rekindle their intimacy.

As Mia and Levi rediscover their love life, they open up a world that brings them together closer than ever.

Well, let me just start off by telling you that I.LOVED.THIS.BOOK! There’s really nothing more that I can say than that. It just got to me. It was totally my kink, and I fell into the story right away. The characters were so real, I could easily identify with them and that added to how immersed I got into the story. I loved watching these two finding their way back to each other and was so happy that they were able to do it.

And then there is how extremely HOT this story was. Levi was absolutely delectable. I’m not exactly sure how Mia was not a puddle of goo at his feet long before now. But most importantly, this book was absolutely realistic. And it was still incredibly sexy. There was the right mix of kink and vanilla and seemed to fit more into a world filled with curious kids and work. And it gave me more than a few ideas. ;)
I would describe this book as BDSM-lite. There’s bondage, discipline (spanking, paddling and a little flogging), D/s, but nothing too heavy. I think it would be a great book for people who like BDSM romance and those who are new to the sub-genre alike.
I actually think that people who may be curious could use this book as way to broach the subject with their partners. I think it would be a great place to start a discussion.

FRIDAY AFTERNOON absolutely was a five star read for me. It just spoke to me on every level: as mom, as a wife, and a sexual woman. Sylvia Ryan has taken a departure from her usual style to bring us this story and I’m so glad she did. I hope you give this story a try. I really don’t think that you will be disappointed.