Gabriel's Inferno - Sylvain Reynard
I'm waffling on how to rate this. It's probably 2.5 to 3 stars. This is a hard one to rate because literally NOTHING happened until right at the end. I was so bored with the story for most of the book. I probably would have stopped reading except I wasn't reading, I was listening. The narrator saved this book for me because he voice was yummy and hypnotic. In the last 3 to 4 hours of the 20 hour audiobook is when things really started to happen. Secrets were revealed and we start to see some action.

However, I must say that the heroine was just too meek for me. If they mentioned she was a virgin any more in the book, I think I would have strangled myself. And if ANY man even my long time crush had ever treated me the way Gabriel did in the beginning of this book, there would have been absolutely no redemption for him. I don't care how much BS the jerk spouted. It was abusive and cruel. I just couldn't get beyond that.

I think that the story would have been much better if they cut the length in half and gave the heroine a backbone.

With that being said, I will be reading (listening to the next book) because at this point I really do want to see what happens next. I'm interested in seeing what if any ramifications there will be when Gabriel and Julia get back to Toronto.