Second Hand - Heidi Cullinan, Marie Sexton
copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

SECOND HAND is a sweet m/m romance that made me laugh, touched my heart strings and had me whooping at the end I was so excited for the HEA.

Paul’s life isn’t anything like he planned. He moved to Tucker Springs for his live-in girlfriend but she left him shortly after. Now he’s living in a house he can’t afford, with a lot of stuff he doesn’t want in a place where he really doesn’t know anyone.

He ends up trying to pawn some things in a local pawn shop where he meets El, the shop owner. They end up striking up a bit of friendship. El thinks it’s a great deal. He can be friends with a man who is safe because not only is he straight but he’s pining over his ex.

However, when their feelings turn deeper, they have to decide to take a chance on love.

This story was absolutely adorable. It was hard for me to believe that Paul was close to thirty because he was so naive, but I think it was due to how he was living his life (or not living his life as the case may be).

El’s character was the complete opposite of Paul: he was jaded and pessimistic. It was nice though to see how Paul’s influence changed him.

I thought this was going to be a Gay for You book but it wasn’t really. I won’t give up too many details but I had to crack up when Paul’s mom said that she knew Paul was gay when she caught him masturbating to Bo and Luke Duke when he was eight years old! OMG, hilarious!!

I really liked the way the book was ended. Paul and El had to go through their stuff but it all worked out in the end. And all the build up to them actually ending up in bed together had me panting by the end!

SECOND HAND is actually the second book in the Tucker Springs series, and since I’ve yet to read the first book, I think it would be fine as a standalone. I was pleasantly surprised by the writing combo of Heidi Cullinan and Marie Sexton. These are too writers that I have enjoyed immensely by themselves. And together I really feel like the made magic!