Red Zone - Sherri Hayes
*4.5 Stars*

Sherri Hayes’ new book, RED ZONE, is romantic suspense at its best. The story was intriguing and the chemistry between the main characters was so palpable, I was getting hot under the collar.

Gage Daniels has a pretty good life. He’s a professional football player at the height of his career, he has his pick of willing women at any given time, and he’s got a great house. So imagine his irritation when he starts getting threatening letters and photographs from an apparent stalker. He ignores them at first but when the letters kept coming, it was becoming obvious that this stalker wasn’t going away.

Not wanting anything to happen to their star player, the management of his football team hires a private investigator to figure out who is after Gage and to protect him as well. That’s why Rebecca Carson has been called in on the case.

Rebecca is an FBI agent on administrative leave after a case goes bad. She’s been going stir crazy at home, so she jumped at the chase to work on a case with her former partner. But that was before she found out she was going to have to pose as the girlfriend of the cocky and way too good looking Gage Daniels. Gage is attracted to Rebecca and isn’t afraid to take his role as Rebecca’s boyfriend to heart.

Trying to protect him will be hard enough, but trying to protect her heart from the man she is becoming more attracted to is a whole other story.

RED ZONE was such a great story, I couldn’t put it down. I absolutely adored Gage and Rebecca as a couple. They didn’t seem like they were well suited for each other at first, but they ended up being exactly what they each needed.

The plot was suspenseful. I didn’t really know who the bad guy was until right before it was all revealed so that kept me turning page after page to see what would happen next.

RED ZONE is the second book in the Daniels Brothers series, but it could be read as a standalone easily. However, I’ve read the first book and it was excellent as well, so I advise reading them both.

I’ve come to really enjoy the whole Daniels clan. The brothers are all appealing in their own way, so I’m really looking forward to this series continuing. I got a little hint of what’s going to happen in book 3, so I’m eagerly awaiting the next book!

My only complaint about RED ZONE is that after all the big build up, I thought the end was a little too abrupt. That may just be me though because honestly, I didn’t want the book to end. I just couldn’t get enough of Gage and Rebecca.

All in all though, it was a five star read for me. I must say that I’ve been reading quite a bit of Sherri Hayes’ book, and I’ve been impressed with all of them thus far. She’s quickly becoming an auto-buy author for me.