The Deadly Stripper - Diane Thorne
THE DEADLY STRIPPER is a unique take on the world of urban fantasy and is the beginning of what I think will be a great new series.

Celee is a stripper who ended up selling her soul to a demon in order to gain supernatural powers that would make her safer. In essence, she has all the powers of a vampire without any of the drawbacks. She struggles to keep herself alive however she can because the alternative is losing her soul and going to Hell.

One night a mysterious vampire named Greger shows up at her door with a proposition: help him find a young girl in trouble and he can help Celee get her soul back.

With nothing to lose, she sets on the quest to search for the human--finding obstacles and dangers along the way. But, Celee is strong, smart, and determined to keep her end of the bargain. What she doesn’t know, however, is that true quest is just beginning.

Ok, so let me say right off the bat that THE DEADLY STRIPPER wasn’t at all what I was expecting. I read Diane Thorne’s other book, Demon in Disguise, and it was campy and fun. This book is much darker, so while that’s not a bad thing, I just didn’t expect it.

Celee is an interesting character because she seems a bit self-centered and uncaring in the beginning, but we begin to get glimpses of a more compassionate person as the story goes along.

The book takes you in the seedier side of nightlife which also happens to be full of vampires, demons, and witches who are interacting along side of unsuspecting humans. In my mind the world that Thorne created was dark and dirty but very intriguing.

I loved the fact that THE DEADLY STRIPPER has more of an urban fantasy feel to it as opposed to a straight romance. I think Celee’s character would have been ruined for me if she was wrapped up in a tidy HEA.

My biggest complaint with the book was that although I am an erotica lover--I don’t think anyone could possible argue that point--I felt like the erotic component of the book was disjointed. It didn’t flow for me, and it actually detracted me from the story at times.

Aside from that, I loved the way this book ended. It totally threw me for a loop and I’m thrilled when I book surprises me. THE DEADLY STRIPPER is the first book in the Sexy & Damned series and that ending guaranteed that I will be looking for book two!