Sharing Hailey (Lovers and Friends, #1) - Samantha Ann King
*3.5 stars*

A review for The Romance Reviews.

A friends-to-lovers story with a ménage twist, SHARING HAILEY was full of emotion and was highly sensual, but had a great story that resonated with this reader.

Hailey has been in love with her two best friends for a long time. The trouble is that not only can't she choose between them, but Mark and Tony also happen to be her brother's best friends as well. After a bad break-up with her not-so-nice boyfriend, she's looking forward to spending a much-needed vacation in Hawaii with her brother and the objects of her lust--Mark and Tony.

Hailey is in for a huge surprise when Mark and Tony make their feelings for Hailey known and let her know that instead of making her choose, they want to share her so that everyone is happy. Well, things aren't so easy. She's hiding the relationship from her overprotective brother, and her ex is making it obvious that he's not willing to let her go.

SHARING HAILEY's plot was the biggest draw for me. Yes, there were hot, hunky men willing to share the woman they both loved and that was extremely hot. But I thought that the domestic violence storyline was not only realistic but very informative, and it really drew me into the story.

I thought the way the author, Samantha Ann King, handled the ménage was great. Tony and Mark weren't into each other, but there were issues that needed to be addressed with touching and such, and that made the story more realistic.

My biggest problem--which wasn't even a huge problem--with this story was that I felt like the dialogue changed midway through the book. I know that the characters were from Texas, but it wasn't until the middle of the book that I started noticing a bunch of "y'all's" throughout the book. While I have no problem with the southern slang, it just struck me as odd and took me out of the story a bit. It wouldn't have been so noticeable if it had been consistent though the book.

Overall though, I thought this was a solid story with a great lesson about some of the common misconceptions of domestic violence. I loved Mark and Tony and was happy the friends found their HEA.