Siren in Bloom - Sophie Oak
I have been waiting for this one. Ever since I realized that Wolf and Leo were brothers. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked Shelley in this one. I didn't really form much of an opinion about her in Siren in Waiting.

My full review is to come, but I'm really loving all the cross over between the series. This definitely opens up a world of possibilities. I'm really glad to see Logan getting his act together as well. The last few Bliss books were making me mad with him.

Sophie, you still are amazing!

Official review for The Romance Reviews.

Oh, this is one I have been waiting for! As the Texas Sirens and the Nights in Bliss, Colorado series have been moving along, I've been wanting to see what was going to happen to resident shrink, Leo Meyer, and knew his brother, Wolf, would be involved. But SIREN IN BLOOM was just so much better than I could have imagined. Every time I'm sure I found my favorite Sophie book, a new one comes out, and I'm positive that the newest one is the best.

So, like I said before, this book is about Leo Meyer. He's the Dom-in-Residence at "The Club" which is the premier BDSM club in Dallas, TX. He is also a psychologist and he has helped some of favorite characters in the Texas Sirens series with their issues through BDSM. We haven't really seen him attracted to or with anyone until the last book. He declared his feelings to Trev McNamara's sister, Shelley, but she was married at the time. She turned him down for reasons unbeknownst to Leo, and he's been in a funk ever since. Fast forward about a year later, and that's where we find them in SIREN IN BLOOM.

Shelley's total a-hole of a husband is dead, and she's moved to Dallas to reinvent herself. She's working for The Club as an interior designer, and she's doing ok...except she can't get Leo to talk to her. She is a submissive, so the owner of The Club has set her up with a Dom long distance. They've been talking on the phone but haven't met. But since she can't have Leo, she feels like she needs to move on. What she doesn't know is that this Dom that she has been set up with is none other than Wolf Meyer, Leo's brother (see where this is going?).

Leo and his younger brother Wolf have their own problems. Their relationship hasn't exactly been brotherly. But Wolf has deep feelings for Shelley. And when he finds out that Leo does too, he feels like the best thing for them to do is to share her. Now, he just has to get Leo on board with that. Enter bad guys who try to kill Shelley, and the brothers are suddenly working hard to keep Shelley safe...and in their bed.

SIREN IN BLOOM was so fantastic in so many different ways, I'm not sure where to begin. The characters were fantastic, but I loved how I got a great blend of new and old characters, AND I got some crossover between the Texas Sirens series and Sophie Oak's other contemporary ménage series, Nights in Bliss, Colorado. With the characters crossing over like this, my mind is just spinning with the possibilities of where the two series are going to go. I was also happy to see my favorite couples of the series again, now happily in committed ménages, having families, and living their happily ever afters.

The relationship between Leo, Shelley and Wolf was not an easy one, and I think that made me like it even more. There were a lot of false starts, miscommunication and pure stubbornness that gave them some problems, but it worked out in the end. The emotions truly outweighed any of the sex between them (really, did I say that?) in my opinion and it had me connecting with them in a way I don't think I have with characters in other books. I was also impressed by the growth of Shelley's character from the previous book to this one. She really grew into her own.

The plot was great. It drew directly from the previous story, SIREN IN WAITING, and continued that drama. But amongst all of the drama, Sophie Oak writes some of the funniest scenes that you'll ever read. I won't give too much away, but I'll just say the words: butt plug and ginger lube. LOL I'm sure you get the picture. Oh and there is also a place where Leo tells Shelley that she couldn't be a heroine in a romance novel because the readers would call her Too Stupid to Live! HA, too funny--I was thinking that exact same thing at that moment. Priceless, Sophie!

SIREN IN BLOOM is the sixth book in the Texas Sirens series, and while I recommend them all (and have on several occasions), I think that if you want to read and get the most out of this story, you have to read the previous book. There is a lot of essential back story in there.

Now, this is obviously a five star read for me. I completely devoured this story, and I can't wait to get more of this series. Now, my mind is turning over and over trying to figure out who is going to be next!