Yours, For Now - Siren Allen

✳✳Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.

I am a complete sucker for “friends-to-lovers” stories.  I also, love me some BDSM romance.  So when reading the blurb for YOURS, FOR NOW and finding out it had both, I couldn’t wait to read it.  The story totally lived up to my expectations, so much so that I read this sexy little novella in one sitting.

YOURS, FOR NOW is a story about two doctors, Elizabeth and Preston, who also happen to be best friends.  One day, Elizabeth surprises the hell out of Preston by asking him if he’d be willing to “try out” BDSM with her.  She would like him to be her sub. After his initial shock, Preston readily agrees to this because he’s been in love with Elizabeth for years. He does have one condition, however:  if he’s to be her sub, she has to be his for a time as well.

With all that settled, the two friends embark along discovering the BDSM lifestyle together.  Preston is in it for keeps, but Elizabeth thinks it’s just a short affair.  When she starts falling for her friend however, she panics and reneges on their agreement.  Preston isn’t willing to let her go without a fight, though, and he’s  going to use whatever he can to make Elizabeth realize that her heart is safe with him.

I thought this was an adorable story.  Elizabeth and Preston were perfect for each other. I personally was more a fan of Preston than Elizabeth.  But, I warmed up to her in the end; she did have her reasons for guarding her heart.  It also had a great blend of spicy scenes and actual plot, that’s sometimes hard to do when the story is short, but this author did it brilliantly.

This story is what I consider BDSM-lite.  It’s got some bondage and spanking, but it’s pretty tame over all, so if you are concerned about the heavy stuff, don’t shy away from this one.  Don’t get me wrong though, it was a hot little number.  Elizabeth and Preston had amazing chemistry that seemed to leap off the kindle.

To sum up,  YOURS, FOR NOW was a fun, flirty foray into the world of BDSM by two hot doctors who happened to have the hots for each other.  I give it a solid 4 STARS. I had a great time reading this, and I look forward to reading more from this author.

✳✳Reviewed on  Bookie Nookie Reviews