Tears of Tess - Pepper Winters

Tears of Tess is a very dark read, very dark.  If you have triggers with rape, non-con and dub-con, this book is not for you.  But, I can admit that I couldn't resist reading this when a lot of GR friends talked about how f-ed up the characters were.

I have no idea what's going on in my brain during this upcoming holiday season, but I have been gravitating to some really dark reads over the last few weeks.

But, I digress.  Tears of Tess is not for everyone.  I will readily admit that there were times I had to put the story down for a bit to get over reading some really intense or disturbing scene, but I couldn't stay away for too long and ended up going right back to my kindle.

Needless to say, I'm glad Tess and Q found each other.  It's interesting to me when a Sadist finds a masochist.  I guess it just works out well for everyone that way.  It just makes me nervous when two genuinely f'ed up people find each other.  I worry about their psyches.  I guess it's not for me to judge since I was completely taken in by their story.

I really look forward to reading what happens next in their story.

If you read this story and liked it, you may want to take a look at Comfort Food by Kitty Thomas as it had similar themes.  If you liked Comfort Food, I think you will also enjoy Tears of Tess.