Crash  - Nicole  Williams

Just when I thought I was going to vomit from the over-the-topness (I know that's not a word) of the story that was Jude and Lucy, the author really pulled it out for me in the last few minutes of the story.

I probably should have known that I would be in store for a lot of angst and drama--CRASH is a young adult/new adult book after all--and I've talked before about my biggest complaints of the YA/NA genre for me (emo anyone?), but for some reason, I find myself drawn to the genre time and time again.  Am I a masochist or what?  I'm not sure about that, but whatever it is, I found myself checking out the CRASH audiobook out of the overdrive section of my library and loading it onto my phone.

I was immediately drawn into the story.  The way Lucy and Jude meet was really cute.  It made me reminisce about a simpler time.  But, soon we realize that Lucy and Jude are both seriously messed up for different reasons.  I was still rooting for them though.

There is a lot of back and forth between them, lots of breaking up and making up.  Lots of mistrust and deceit.  Then there was the dreaded love triangle.  But, still, I was there rooting for them.

THEN, after secrets were revealed, people are almost raped, vengeance is had, and Lucy and Jude finally look like they are going to be able to be together, there is a  huge reveal and at that point I wanted to throw my iPhone across the room!  I saw it coming from a mile away but it still infuriated me. REALLY, could this get any worse?!?

Just when I was ready to give up, things moved on, and right at the end, Jude did something really awesome and cheesy and so right that it was like everything else I complained about was forgotten.  I loved that ending!

Needless to say, I have to continue on with the series and have the other two audiobooks on hold now, so I'll be able to see what happens next for Lucy and Jude.